Change is a complex business, but BMT has the experienced personnel and services needed to achieve success.
The design agent is responsible for the technical content and management of the technical data and publications for the specified classes of ships, as well as the design development, integration and management of all engineering changes. This support includes monitoring class design margins, maintaining the control programs and carrying out required updates to the in-service technical data packages to reflect approved engineering changes.
BMT Fleet Technology provides the following services to support design agents:
- Detailed design and integration
- Producing engineering change packages
- Design, drafting, engineering and technical investigation
- System engineering
- Configuration and data management and audits
- Producing class level drawings, data lists and documentation including revisions
- Integrated logistics support