BMT offers clients engineering changes, project scope and requirements development, asset management to in order to improve the development or maintenance of a major asset like a ship, train or vehicle.
Configuration Management and Data Management (CM/DM)
Engineering changes, project scope, establishing baselines, asset management and knowing where you are in the development or maintenance of a major asset like a ship, train or vehicle are all activities handled through the application of a robust configuration and data management program.
BMT uses effective and pragmatic techniques, developed from involvement in a wide range of complex acquisition projects in order to streamline capability delivery and minimize through life costs. BMT's experience includes supporting the Canadian Department of National Defence with change management projects and heavily supporting the UK's acquisition change management program. In conjunction with other BMT Group companies, data architecture analysis and support in implementing online web-enabled information systems and asset management systems are available to clients.
Configuration and data management is an inherent part of the solution, and it can be tailored to specific capability needs of each project, creating a structured and auditable base from which to collaborate between employees, departments and offices, allowing staff to make clear, concise and speedy decisions.
- Implementing CM/DM programs including processes, plans and training materials in accordance with a client's customized needs, or to international standards such as MIL-STD-973 or ANSI-EIA-649
- Establishing baselines and change control procedures
- Helping customers to select and implement tools and processes
- Processing engineering changes and packages
- Maintaining configuration of technical data both in the design phase and the in-service phase of a program
- Needs analysis for information systems and asset management systems, including suggested data architectures
- Providing customized training
- Conducting independent configuration audits, both functional and physical audits, as well as support for first article inspections and source inspections