A premier provider of services to the world's navies, BMT has the expertise, tools and experience to produce the designs needed by the defence and security sectors in all climatic environments, including cold regions.
BMT offers an unparalleled scope of design, consulting and management services for naval architecture, ship acquisition, shipyard support, structural analysis, repair and maintenance, evacuation, cold regions technology, risk and safety, system consulting and auditing for naval environment:
- Project/Program Management
- Contract Management
- Cost and Budgeting analysis
- Naval Architecture
- Marine Engineering
- Industry engagement
- Shipyard Contract
- Test and Trials
More detail on our services can be found under the services tab on this website.
BMT has enjoyed a long-term support relation with the Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) and Canadian security services, and has been employed in supporting the Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) on several major projects:
- the Joint Support Ship (JSS) project, producing a contract design for the PMO JSS and the classification society
- the Canadian Surface Combatant project generating a functional design
- the Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship project developing and researching technical requirements
- the Victoria In Service Support Contract (VISSC), supporting the prime contractor Babcock Canada with engineering and subject matter expertise services
BMT's proven catalog of design and management services is actively employed supporting even the most demanding of today's naval project and life-cycle needs.