BMT Fleet Technology Limited is recruiting Designers.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
This position is based in Ottawa, Ontario.
Successful candidates will have many of the following:
- A post-secondary Diploma of Technology in Marine Systems Engineering, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering or certified to practise as an Engineering Technologist;
- At least 5 years of experience of design relating to naval platforms;
- Level II (Secret) Security Clearance;
- Experience in the design and development of engineering changes;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the use of computer aided design and 3D modelling tools, such as Solidworks, AutoCAD or Rhino, in the marine environment;
- Experience in producing design and manufacturing drawings;
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards and their impact on design;
- Experience in shipbuilding or marine production;
- Submarine experience is highly desirable, but not essential;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing technical teams.
For further information on application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- “Designers” in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered
- A resume outlining work experience and education
Please name all files with your first and last name. IE., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
BMT Fleet Technology
311 Legget Dr.,
Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8
Attn: N. Ivory
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org