E&T 4000 Finite Element (FE) Analyst
BMT Fleet Technology Limited, based in Ottawa, Ontario, is recruiting for a Finite Element (FE) Analyst.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transport sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The successful candidate will have an educational background and some practical experience in mechanical and/or materials engineering. As a member of the Engineering and Technology group, you will join a small team of outstanding professionals and will support the growing pipeline and structural integrity management activities.
The primary focus will be in the application of non-linear finite element analysis for research and consulting projects. This will involve the consideration of both structural and material non-linearity. This position will be a great opportunity for the right individual and will evolve with your experience, capability and the variety of projects identified within the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- An engineering university degree in mechanical, aerospace or materials. A post-graduate degree will be considered an asset
- Current PEng (or ability to obtain PEng designation)
- Demonstrated experience with numercial modelling (ANSYS FEA)
- Experience in fatigue and fracture assessment
- Demonstrated ability to interpret material and structural testing results
- A strong background with ANSYS and APDL macro language
- In depth knowledge of non-linear numerical modelling
- Basic understanding of material behavior
- Basic understanding of fatigue and fracture mechanics
- Experience in preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Familiarity with pipeline or oil and gas industries
- Experience in client interaction, including business development
- The ability to liase with other engineering disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience in the development of research and service project ideas and the ability to communicate in French (written and spoken) is considered an asset.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- "FE Analyst" in the subject line;
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered;
- A resume outlining work experience and education;
- Please name all files with your first and last name. e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
We are committed to employment equity. BMT thanks all applicants in advance. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org