ET- 4003 Finite Element (FE) Analyst
BMT Fleet Technology Limited, based in Ottawa, Ontario, is recruiting for a Finite Element (FE) Analyst.
We are an independent consultancy specializing in engineering, science and management services in the defence, energy and transports sectors.
We recruit talented individuals from Canada and around the world from new grad to seasoned pro.
Our passion for engineering excellence is contagious! Not only do we offer challenging and rewarding projects, we understand that flexibility is important in today’s business world. As a result we offer full-time and contracting options, as well as competitive compensation and benefits, training and development programs and an orientation program designed to welcome all team members with the same friendly enthusiasm!
The successful candidate will have an educational background and some practical experience in mechanical and/or materials engineering. As a member of the Engineering and Technology group, you will join a small team of outstanding professionals and will support the growing pipeline and structural integrity management activities.
The primary focus will be in the application of non-linear finite element analysis for research and consulting projects. This will involve the consideration of both structural and material non-linearity in finite element analysis to complete fatigue, fracture, strength and buckling assessments. This position will be a great opportunity for the right individual to develop engineering skills and will evolve with your experience, capability and the variety of projects identified within the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- An engineering university degree in mechanical, aerospace or materials engineering. A post-graduate degree will be considered an asset
- Current PEng (or ability to obtain PEng designation)
- Demonstrated experience with numerical modelling
- A strong background with ANSYS and APDL macro language is considered an asset
- In depth knowledge and understanding of non-linear numerical modelling
- An understanding of fatigue and fracture assessment procedures
- Demonstrated ability to interpret material and structural testing results
- Basic understanding of material behaviour
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate:
- Understanding of fatigue and fracture mechanics concepts
- Experience in preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Familiarity with pipeline or oil and gas industries
- Experience in client interaction, including business development
- The ability to liaise with other engineering disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
For further information on application process and the benefits of working at BMT Fleet Technology Limited, please visit the careers section of our website at www.fleetech.com.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit as follows:
- "Finite Element (FE) Analyst" in the subject line
- A separate cover letter clearly outlining how your experience aligns with the requirements of the job. Cover letters submitted in the body of an email will not be considered
- A resume outlining work experience and education
- Please name all files with your first and last name. e.g., Sara Smith Resume.doc and Sara Smith Cover Letter.doc
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
BMT Fleet Technology 311 Legget Dr., Kanata, ON K2K 1Z8 Attn: N. Ivory
We are committed to employment equity. BMT thanks all applicants in advance. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information on BMT Fleet Technology please visit their website: http://www.fleetech.com/
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org